27.06.2017 @ Bandar Mahkota Cheras
Family outing, 5 pax @ RM115.40
- It took only less than 10 minutes to have a table despite a few groups of people waiting ahead of us
- Ambiance: A good attempt to reminisce Hong Kong feel all around, with walls painted to depict a street in Hong Kong, handwritten notices pasted on walls, a huge background photo of a busy street in Hong Kong as well as cooking stations like street stalls
- The order chits are all in Chinese, so if you are some sort of a “banana” (someone who can’t read Chinese) like me, you will need help. Otherwise, I attempt to translate the chit below, of course with the help of a Chinese educated aunt but we left out a few which we couldn’t understand.
- You have choices of noodles and the gravy to go with the superior soup base. The waitress explained that the soup has to go with a gravy of your choice or it will be tasteless. You have choices of noodles and all add-ons
- Offers quite a few side dishes, too – we ordered the curry fish balls, cheung fun and deep fried fish skin, all delicious to go with our bowls of noodles. Malaysians will love our local curry, so the Hong Kong style curry with lots of curry powder will not do good to our palate. We would prefer the cheung fun to be smoother, but the nice blend of sauces and generous sesame seeds made up for it. The crispy deep fried fish skin was a good add-on, crunchy and finished in seconds.
- The winner on our table must go to the beef noodle – the soup was flavourful and beef tripe (stomach) good in texture, soft to chew. We prefer a better kuey teow though. Coming from Ipoh and often having Ipoh chicken hor fun, the kuey teow here has nothing to shout about.
- I personally like the radish, soft and translucent, quite thick slices to go with the noodle.
- We like that the toppings are aplenty. Visible in the photos above, the toppings are often generous and in thick slices covering the noodles, yet the noodle portion is still good for an adult. I couldn’t finish them though. Overall, it is a value-for-money bowl of noodle.
HK Boy Cart Noodle Sdn. Bhd. (HQ) 香港仔車仔麵
6, Jalan Temenggung 25/9,
Bandar Mahkota Cheras,
Monday to Sunday
12.00 pm – 3.30 pm and 6.00pm to 10.30pm